Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day

(a day late!)

Hope you all enjoyed the weekends and had a wonderful Father's Day with the men in your families!

I went to my LSS looking for some ink refills (which they were out of) and walked out with this set from Hero Arts!


Something a little different for me since I ♥ coloring so much! Anyway, I used the stamp on the right to make my dad his Father's Day card:
Thanks Dad
Supplies:
- Vine Scrolls, Chinese Thank You, butterfly-Good Fortune (Hero Arts)
- Ink: Versamark Dazzle Frost, Broken China; Peeled Paint & Dusty Concord Distress Ink
- Other: ribbon, buttons

I stamped the Vine Scrolls & butterflies  twice w/Peeled Paint & Dusty Concord distress inks with re-inking in between stamping, embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then applied Broken China distress ink around the edges using a sponge applicator.  

Thanks for all you do DAD!

{& Thanks to you for stopping by today! I'll be back again tomorrow w/the next Tiddly Inks Tuesday Challenge!}

7 comments:

  1. I'd say you came away with a great purchase! Love the card's masculine feel--bet your dad loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous father's day card, Lysa!! beautiful colors and design! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - how lucky to have a new Asian syamp set!!!! I am always on the hunt..........haven't seen this one from Hero Arts yet! Cool! Thanks for sharing your new find!!!!

    Have a great day, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that card...just Gorgeous in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the embossing in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!