Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bamboo & Butterflies

Hello.. few things to share today!

Last weekend was my mom's birthday- she was out of town so I had a little more time to play with her card.  I decided to play along with the Hero Arts challenge color layering technique..

I layered shades of Peeled Paint Distress ink for the bamboo, and shades of Dusty Concord Distress & Colorbox pigment ink in heliotrope.  I also made the flower embellishment with a flower punch smeared in the same dusty concord ink w/water & perfect pearls...
Color layers'
Here is the rest of my card... 
Bamboo & Butterflies
Supplies:
- Good Fortune, Chinese Dolls, Dot & Flowers DB (Hero Arts)
- Labels 8 nestabilities
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Peeled Paint & Dusty Concord Distress Ink,  Heliotrope pigment ink, versamark, Perfect pearls (mixed w/water)
- Copics: BV00, BV02, E000, E00, E11, G12, G14
- Other: ribbon, flower punch, pearl gem

Thanks for stopping in... be back shortly with another card :)

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the bamboo and butterflies! Your mom's fave color must be lavender/purple....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO beautiful! I love the pretty colors and the happy stamp. The bamboo you did is just gorgeous too, really fantastic card, Lysa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job with the color layering, Lysa! Wow! I spy one of your gorgeous flowers too. Beautiful card all around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft and sweet Lysa. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! TFS!

    Jenny
    crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet,Lysa!
    Me and your Mom...have same fave color hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful! love how you stamped the bamboos! very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!