Friday, May 22, 2009

Going Green!

Happy Friday to you all! (& to everyone in the U.S. happy Memorial Day weekend!) I am pleased to be starting my long weekend early :)

We got some unusual rain yesterday & today for May- still a bit cloudy out now but bright enough to take pictures of the cards I've done this week for the Hero Arts 'gogreen' challenge.

I used some pretty common household items on this first card: tissue wrapping paper & laundry dryer sheets! I first cut a scallop window on the card base, and stamped the clouds background on white tissue paper, I adhered a matching white scallop circle on the inside of the card and stamped the sentiment. For added dimension on the bear, I stitched a piece of a laundry dryer sheet for his belly! Before sewing it up all the way around- I stuffed some scraps of the dryer sheet inside to round him out a bit!



Supplies: Bouquet Bear,Clouds, Thoughtful Messages (all Hero Arts), Scallop circle nestabilities (Spellbinders), Argyle embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Threading Water border punch (Fiskars), Prima flowers, gems, Copic markers

For this second card, I had saved the invitation to a wedding we had gone to in January. The invitation and envelope was made from this gorgeous handmade red paper and had beautiful silver foil floral flourishes all over... I knew I was going to save it to use in the future! Who knew it would fit this challenge so perfectly?!?



I also used the RSVP card insert to stamp and punch out the flowers on the bottom of the card. (And since someone asked me on flickr- yes I did RSVP before punching flowers out of it! The wedding was in January (& absolutely gorgeous!)- and I RSVP'd online- you just can't see that detail because I blocked it out for her privacy)

Supplies: Chinese Dolls; Dots (both Hero Arts), Rectangle & Scalloped rectangle nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scallop border punch (Stampin' Up!), Birds & Swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug-Provocraft)


Thanks for stopping by- hope to be back with more before the weekend is over :)

2 comments:

  1. The bear's belly is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making the Asian Doll card in my favorite color: RED! Love this.......good use of recycling an invitation. Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!