Monday, October 3, 2016

Birthday {Hedge} Hugs!

I really wanted to participate in the 'World Card Making Day' fun over the weekeend, but timing just didn't work out for me! (Boo!)  But I WAS able to put together this card using some images I had stamped and colored a few days ago...

Worked especially well when I saw the latest My Favorite Things Card Challenges sketch!

#300!


Here is my take on the sketch...

Birthday Hugs


I used two of *my* favorite things to color at the moment... hedgehogs and succulents/cacti! I thought it would be cute to pair up this cute hedgie with a spiny cactus.

I stamped the little hedgehog and masked him off to stamp the cactus "behind" him, colored with copics, and die cut my scene and mounted on a slightly larger circle in kraft using craft foam. I created my sentiment by using 2 separate stamps from each set, added another cactus to the edge of the sentiment to anchor it so it didn't appear to just float there, and finally adhered the whole piece onto my card base that I stamped using the woodgrain background, added a few of my "DIY" enamel dots and called it done!

Copics: 
hedgehog: E40, E41, E43, E70, E74, E77, E79, R20
cacti: YG03, YG17, YG25, Y02, Y11, RV00, R22, R32, R35; (barrel cactus) YG17, YG21, YG25, Y32, Y35, Y38.

Thanks for stopping by... I have some fun things to share later this week- stay tuned!


2 comments:

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!