Sunday, June 8, 2014

Virginia's View: Scraplings! (1 of 2)

So I wasn't sure that I would participate (or have the time to) in Virginia's View Challenge (Tags & Scraplings) this month... but after seeing some awesome scraplings made my her guest designer, the fabulous Donna Mikasa!

I was totally inspired and had some ideas pop into my head late last night (I finished at midnight!) So my first 'scrapling' is a bit of a combination of something I've been wanting to try for a little while- shaker cards! Since part of the challenge was also to use some recycled items I used some clear acetate from some packaging as the window to my shaker card.  I used silver glittery washi tape to make my shaker filled with sequins!

Floral bookmark
The black piece you see inside the card is a magnet- I also put one behind the shaker card panel to make it a magnetic bookmark! I LOVE this stamp after making this card with it and just had to use it again!

I'm also adding this to the It's Not in the Cards challenge over at A Blog Named Hero!

Posting in a few to show my second scrapling that I made... (can't post 2 of the same link on the challenge inlinkz!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, a shaker scrapling! I love love the bright colors and glitter strip that you incorporated. The sequins are such awesome additions to the design. Glad that you were inspired, Lysa! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Lisa! Love how this turned out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!