Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Waving Hello...

Hello!

Sorry I've been missing for a bit... the designers over at Tiddly Inks took a bit of a mini vacation & I used that time trying to get myself caught up and (somewhat) organized.. anyone else get lost while trying to clean and organize their craft areas?

Anyway, It's time for a new Tiddly Inks Challenge- and this one is perfect for summer! (not sure about any of you but we're still feeling the extreme heat here!) UNDER THE SEA!

If you follow me on Instagram, you would have noticed that I've had a bit of a mermaid obsession... and it all pretty much started during the 30 Day Coloring Challenge, because I started with coloring these cuties, Amy & Her Mini Mermaid Friends...

Mini Mermaid 1 Mini Mermaid 2 Mini Mermaid 3
Mini Mermaid 4 Mini Mermaid 5

So for this challenge, I thought it'd be a good idea to actually *USE* one of these on my card.  I decided to go with the second one and make a shaker card!

Under the Sea

This was so much fun to make! I had purchased seed beads awhile ago with the intent to make more shakers, and never got into it... THAT is about to change! Besides, I have plenty of mermaids to work with now :)

For my card, I used distress inks (salty ocean, seedless preserves, mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers) to create and under the sea looking background and frame. Splattered water drops for a fun effect,  mounted it to an embossed background, finished it off by adding a few sequins to the stop and adding the 'waving hello' sentiment (from The Greeting Farm).

Thanks for stopping by... hope to see you play along with us UNDER THE SEA!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Such a wonderful design, background, embossing and all the beads are so much fun! I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo lovely! =) great shaker card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!