Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sending hugs

Sympathy cards are such difficult cards to make, but a close friend recently lost a family member, and I wanted to make her and her mom cards to send my condolences.

I paired the flower from the Shine Brighter stamp set by Concord & 9th with a sentiment from Neat & Tangled's Better Together stamp...

Sending Hugs

I stamped and masked the flower to create a bundle, added the leaves and colored using Copic markers. I kept the card very simple by embossing the card base and adding a small strip of patterned paper.

The second card I made for my friend's mom...

Sympathy

I used a background cling stamp I had hiding in my stash by Hero Arts, Flowing flowers and Leaves (sorry I can't find it available). I stamped it in white pigment ink (Hero Arts, Unicorn),  and using fantastix coloring tools with other pigment inks (Memento Luxe: Love Letter, Pear Tart, ) I colored on top of the white flowers and leaves. I stamped the  'sympathy' using another set from Concord & 9th- Sophisticated Script, I love this set- it makes it easy to look like I wrote calligraphy!

Thanks for stopping by.. I'll be back tomorrow with another card to share!

2 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love, wowsers. Gorgeous projects. lots of hugs,

    Tammi from The Copic Scoop.
    craftygalslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful florals! Love them both, but those peonies are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!