Sunday, May 22, 2016

Just *Swimming* Hello!

Hello there..Happy Sunday!!

Slowly getting back into the crafting groove- I managed to clean off my craft desk this weekend (larger than a 6" square of space!) and squeezed in some time to do some coloring and actually make some cards!

The first one for Lawnscaping Challenge's newest challenge...



SPARKLE IT UP!

Who doesn't love a little sparkle on their cards?  I decided to use some under the sea themed stamps for my card (I *need* to get my hands on that new Mermaid for You set!)  I put together the happy clam from Year Six, with the jelly an starfish from So Jelly to create this little scene...

Just Swimming

I originally had done the whole scene on one layer, but it was too long for me to fit it onto a card layout that I liked, so I carefully trimmed the sandy portion with the clam & starfish to shorten it and popped it up with some foam tape for more dimension.

I colored it all with my trusty copics and THEN covered the entire thing with sparkle using a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen in clear- It was hard to capture the sparkle in my 'usual' spot, so I took my card outside to let the sparkle shine!

Swimming Hello

I made up my own sentiment by stamping the word 'swimming' using Claire's ABCs and added the 'just' & 'hello' from Everyday Sayings by Hero Arts- does it even make sense? It did in my head while I was making it- but now that I think about it... hmm

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!