Monday, September 22, 2008

Just for FUN!

I decided to take a bit of a break from the challenges on Hero Arts, mostly because the categories each week didn't really suit my 'style'. So instead I was making some cards just for FUN!

I was feeling a little Asian inspired this weekend, the past couple of weeks I had picked up the "Asian Elements" set from Hero Arts, and the "Asian by Design" set from Inkadinkado.

First the Inkadinkado set:

The bamboo on this set is a little larger than most stamps, so the I had to make a card to accommodate it. I think it's 6"x4.25". The red square is a seal stamp my dad made me (& for those of you wondering its my name in Chinese)

Now with the left over green card stock from the card above, I made this 2"x 4.25" card, with the Asian Elements stamps. I also used some clear glaze to make the owl pop out & shine!


This cute card was for our niece who turned one a week ago, not the best picture I could have taken- the light was off (probably because it was about midnight when I was taking it!)
Supplies: Yours to Take (Penny Black), Soft Swirls (Stampin' Up!)

Next post, pictures from a Stampin Up! class...

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!