Sunday, September 11, 2016

Waving Hello!!!

HELLO!!

I'm excited to be posting today because I'm guest designing at Butterfly Reflections, Ink blog this month!

With the start of September, (& Labor Day here in the states) it *usually* signifies the end of summer... but since I live in Arizona, and it's still HOT and likely will be for another month or two... (blech!) I thought mermaids would be appropriate!

I mean how can you now love these sweet Little Mermaids from The Greeting Farm! Nothing says summer like mermaids, right?

Waving Hello

To create my little underwater scene, I die cut a circle and used Distress Inks to blend together some watery colors (Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Tea Dye & a touch of Ground Espresso).  I colored the elements from the stamp set using Copic Markers-of course! Fussy cut them out and traced the outer edge in black. I played with the arrangement for a bit before I decided to adhere them to the circle and popped up a few using foam tape to add more dimension. I heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder with Versamark ink. Finally, I adhered the circle piece to my embossed card base (with this embossing folder), with craft foam, added some shimmer using a Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen in clear.

Here's a closer look to see the dimension and shimmer...
Close up mermaid

Copics: 
skin: E000, E00, E21, R20
hair: B16, B37, 100
star/bikini top: R32, R35
tail: B05, G05, B37
seaweed: BG11, BG13, BG15, BG49
fish: B14, B16, C1, C3, R32, R35, R37
castle: E31, E33, E35

Thanks for stopping by & I hope this gives you some inspiration to start off your week!

2 comments:

  1. I ADORE this card! It's just perfect, the colors remind me of the surf and sand. I love how you outlined them in black, I may need to borrow that technique. Stop by my new blog www.shesacolorqueen.blogspot.com and say hi and follow me there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!