Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's Birthday Season!

The fall/winter marks the beginning of the birthday season in my family!  We have at least one birthday a month from now until the summer! (this is my second post today, please scroll down to see my holiday tags!)

We celebrated my niece's (Emi's big sister!) birthday last week, and I made this card for her and also made it for Your Next Stamps' Birthday with hearts challenge! I used one of their digis, Skating Ellie for her card- except I trimmed off the skates to make it not to holiday-ish.
YNS Birthday girl

YNS Ellie
Supplies:
- Skating Ellie; Cupcake Cutie Fhiona (Your Next Stamp)
- Stylized flowers & Swiss Dots embossing folder
- Labels 1 nestabilities
- Double Loop border punch; Classic Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)
- Other: ribbon, buttons, prima flowers, gems, felt heart, stickles

TODAY is also my oldest niece's birthday, she's 11!  My goodness I can't believe how fast time has flown by.. I still remember when it was her first birthday! For her card, I used Teacher Anya from The Greeting Farm- but instead of her holding an apple, I added a cupcake! I found this beautiful paper pad from Amy Butler and just had to use it!
Celebrate Anya!

The paper is double-sided too, I just couldn't imagine covering up either side.. so I used it to my advantage and made it the card base... just look at the fabulous tulips on the reverse side!
Inside Anya
Supplies:
- Teacher Anya (The Greeting Farm); So Sweet & Birthday Sayings (Hero Arts)
- Labels 1 nestabilities
- Copic markers
- other: felt flowers, buttons, string, ribbon, white gel pen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NIECES- LAUREN & KYLIE!  Love you girls!

Thanks for popping in!

12 comments:

  1. Both your cards are wonderful! Love what you did with Ellie! She looks just as cute without her skates :) Thanks for playing along with YNS Challenges!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just as cute as can be! Love the super feminine colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling cards! You have been busy. Love the colors....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards--great altering! The papers are so pretty--I would use both sides, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Lysa! Love the yummy colors and coloring! The images are super duper adorable too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both cards!! so sweet and adorable!! love those pps, too!! love how you used them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lysa, these are very cute cards. Love the Ellie birthday and the colors are so precious & delightful. Thanks for joining us at YNS challenge and hope to see you joining us again :o)
    hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birthday cards are just cute Lysa - love them all!
    Greetings from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fab cards! They are all so gorgeous, but your Ellie birthday card is adorable! Thanks for joining us at YNS Challenges. Hugs, Simonne x (YNSC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is some gorgeous PP! the colors are fun & cherry! what a lucky girl to get this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lysa,
    I love what you have done with Fhiona!!! Your cards are super as always.
    Thank your for joining is at YNS.
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi! your cards are sooo cute! love them :)! i love the colors and layouts!! thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!